2020 became the year of the pandemic, and while it marked us all, the Green Coast team was determined to keep calm and carry on with purpose and commitment to the community and environment. Here’s one last look in the mirror with our 2020 Year in Review:
What can we say about the Green Coast team? This is a group of fun loving, hard working, genuine people who care about each other and the planet. It is awesome to look back and think about everything we accomplished this year – from residential and commercial recycling projects to community involvement activities to deconstruction and demolition with zero-waste in mind.
“I love all my staff. They elevate me. They motivate me. We can literally take on any challenge working together!”
– Eamonn Duignan, CEO & President, Green Coast Rubbish
ZERO WASTE PROJECTS
The pandemic didn’t slow us down one bit when it came to kick ass zero-waste recycling projects and diverting all kinds of materials from all kinds of places away from local landfills – with strong COVID-19 safety protocols in place of course:
- SNC Lavalin Office Relocation
The Green Coast team rocked an epic-zero waste recycling project for SNC-Lavalin in preparation for their commercial office relocation, the second office move we worked on with SNC-Lavalin during the past 5 years!.… more
- Zero Waste Recycling Project, Pandemic Edition
Office and commercial renovation projects continued despite the 2020 coronavirus pandemic, bringing a unique challenge to the Green Coast team in terms of staying safe while continuing to provide zero-waste recycling solutions. The City of New Westminster came to us with just such a project … more
- Argyle Secondary School Clean Out
A last minute call from the North Vancouver School District just before Christmas had our team stepping up to remove and recycle the entire contents of the old school prior to demolition … stay tuned for more on that in our February 2021 blog!
GIVING BACK IS WHAT WE DO
Giving back to community is one of the core values at Green Coast Rubbish and we get involved with many charities and fundraisers:
- Moving Day – A Story of Community Team Work
Green Coast Rubbish received a most unusual request from one of our community partners – Shelter to Home – that would transform our operation into a “moving business” for the day to assist Shelter in Home in helping a single mom in a desperate situation … more
- The Green Coast team was proud to provide waste management and recycling support for The Downtown Eastside Women’s Centre’s annual HERSTORY IN FOCUS fundraising event hosted at the Vancouver Art Gallery.
- For the 8th year in a row, Green Coast Rubbish was happy to donate to the Special Olympics BC through the New Car Dealers Association of BC’s silent auction.
- We were thrilled to participate in what’s grown into a community tradition – The Lynn Valley Community Association’s Parade of Trees! All funds raised go to the North Shore Disability Resource Centre.
Please join us in a virtual shoutout to our community partners to whom we provide re-usable materials on an ongoing basis. They did not give up and continued to support vulnerable families and communities despite a year of unprecedented challenges. Kudos and special thanks to:
- Urban Repurpose,
- The Harvest Project,
- The Salvation Army,
- Neil Squire Society,
- Canadian Diabetes Association,
- Shelter to Home,
- Helping Families in Need Society,
- Habitat for Humanity.
IN THE NEWS
The Green Coast team popped up in your feed during 2020 for some sweet newsworthy coverage:
- Honoured to be voted as one of your favourites in the North Shore News Readers Choice Awards! … more
- Interview for Lonsdale Avenue on the pursuit of being better, sea urchins, and recycling dodgeballs, just another day in the life of our founding father and CEO, Eamonn Duignan… more
- Interviewed on the IMPACT podcast series where Eamonn Duignan discusses his journey starting his junk removal company with a sustainable mission and the environmental impact at heart… more
- Green Coast Rubbish debuted on 7 THE PEAK! … more
- Being featured in VanCity’s Small Business Media campaign was an absolute honour…more
BIG MOVE TO DEEP COVE
Eamonn Duignan announced an exciting move to a new home in Deep Cove which also means a new center of operations for the team as of February. Don’t worry, the Green Coast team continues to call North Vancouver home!
THE LAST WORD ON 2020
Gratitude and faith in the future are top of mind as we move into 2021.
Eamonn has the last word on 2020 saying:
“I’m very grateful for everything, and for the support we’ve got from our team, our clients, our partners and our suppliers this year. The future looks bright!”